Jesus and Prozac: There Is No Shame In Either

In less then a decade of life I have
-planned a wedding
-become a wife
-learned how to actually BE a wife
-purchased a home
-suffered a miscarriage
-grown and delivered FIVE human beings in 5 years
-quit my job as a nurse
-nursed 5 babies
-started homeschooling our oldest
....among other things!

I tell you all this not to brag or gloat. That is the last thing that I would want to do. I tell you all this to encourage you!

I have always had to work my way through a little bit of the baby blues after every delivery. Normally I feel better at about 6 months postpartum. With baby number 4 it was at about 11 months. This time around it felt different. It was more intense. If I were a season, I would have been winter. And not the fun, 'it's Christmas and the first snow fall' winter, but the 'it's been cold for so long we are over it' winter. I was stuck in winter. My kids, on the other hand, were in spring. They were learning and loving life. They were happy and I was crying. I was resentful.

I tried to talk myself out of it. I would start crying because I had all these people who just wanted me all the time. I wondered, why if I WANT to be a stay at home mama, am I resentful of the very people who allow me to be just that??

It wasn't until I was talking on the phone with a friend that I finally got it together. I said, "I think I may need some medicine for this." I have been trained as a nurse. I knew the signs. I already knew I needed medicine; But I just needed someone to tell me it was okay to need it! Her response was, "We have been having these conversations for a few months now. I think it's time." It was what I needed to hear.

I am here to tell you that if you are looking for someone to tell you that it is okay to get a little extra help.....well, it is!!

There is no shame in a little Prozac! Your list probably looks much different then mine, but I am sure you could make one that is just as overwhelming. You do not have to be overwhelmed. You do not have to cry constantly. You do not have to live in winter all the time!!

Jesus came to save you. He is the first thing you need. The MOST thing you need. Prozac will not save your soul; Jesus does that. But there is no shame in needing help either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Min Friday- One Month

5 Min Friday- Listen