A bible verse and boots

It's been a very wet year here. Lots of rain and snow. It makes for a muddy, yucky horse field. Last night I went out to feed the horses and count my chickens before I close the coop up for the night. In the dark, I made a poor decision to try to walk through the deep muck instead of on the 2 by 4 that I placed a while back. The one that would keep me out of trouble! I thought, 'if I walk fast it will be fine!' No amount of walking fast would save me. My boots got stuck and I couldn't move. My feet slipped out of my boots, I lost my balance and I became one with the muck! I dropped my flash light and my phone. I pulled and pulled but my boots wouldn't become free! I wasn't until I stopped pulling, humbled myself by kneeling in the mud and gently wiggled my boot free that i was able to get to that 2 by 4 that would be the only thing solid enough to walk on.




Sometimes we think, 'I'll just take my own path and walk fast. God won't notice or mind. What could go wrong?" The truth is God has a solid path he has laied for us, one that will be safe and keep us from getting stuck. It will keep us on our feet, shinning our light. Sometimes that path takes us around the muck and sometimes it takes us through the mucky mess, but it's there. Solid. Firm. If you've strayed from the solid path God has laied for you it's not too late. Humble yourself, be gentle and get back on that solid path (then take a shower! Because that muck is a mess!!)


"I waited patiently for the Lord, he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and hear and put their trust in the Lord."
Psalm 40:1-3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Min Friday- Listen

5 Min Friday- One Month